OFFICE CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS
– HOW TO REACH US –
Our offices are closed, but we remain committed to helping Ontarians and continue to receive and work on complaints.
During this time:
- Complaints can be filed via our online complaint form or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can leave a brief voicemail at 1-800-263-1830. We will do our best to return your call within two business days, during working hours.
- Our Children and Youth Unit will respond to calls from children and youth in care
- Our Careers team continues to recruit for open positions
- Watch this space for updates on when regular service will resume
Overview - CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN CARE
What we do
The Ombudsman resolves and investigates complaints about services provided by Ontario children's aid societies, foster homes, group homes, secure treatment facilities and youth justice facilities.
Our Children and Youth Unit staff will listen to you, answer your questions and help find solutions. If we can’t help directly, we will refer you to someone who can.
Who we help
This link opens in a new tabEveryone has a duty to report. If you have reasonable grounds to suspect a child is being abused or neglected – and is or may be in need of protection – contact your local children’s aid society.
Children & Youth Unit
401 Bay Street, Suite 2200
Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
Toll-free (inside Ontario only): 1-800-263-2841
TTY (teletypewriter): 416-325-2648
Find out how we help