This includes discussions about information that:
• Falls into one of the listed types: trade secret, scientific, technical, commercial, financial, or labour relations information;
• Was supplied confidentially, whether explicitly or implicitly, to the municipality by a third party; and
• If disclosed, could reasonably be expected to cause harm, either by prejudicing significantly the competitive position or interfering significantly with the contractual or other negotiations of a person, group of persons or organization
This does not include discussions:
• Where the information did not come from a third party
• Where there is only a merely possible or speculative risk of harm if the information were to be disclosed
This exception was introduced on January 1, 2018, through changes to the Municipal Act, 2001. We have not yet published any case resolutions related to this exception.