We're always looking for resumes. Work with us!
We're proud to be an office of dedicated, hard-working professionals who are motivated by social justice and procedural fairness within the public sector.
The Ombudsman is an independent, impartial office of the Legislature that resolves and investigates complaints about Ontario government organizations, broader public sector bodies, including municipalities, universities and school boards, child protection services, and compliance with the French Language Services Act. We help thousands of people cut through government bureaucracy and red tape to resolve serious problems.
Read more about the positions we generally hire. If any of these interest you, apply here under Working with the Ombudsman's Office and we'll keep your resumé on file.
You can apply for our current opportunities here.
We look for people who:
- Possess a strong foundation in their chosen field and are open to learning and employing new ways of working
- Can think innovatively within a structured framework, respecting existing processes and procedures
- Are capable of multitasking, working through the finer details while still seeing the big picture
- Have excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with individuals at all levels
- Have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and enjoy working independently
- Experience in the public sector, especially with school boards, municipalities and universities, is considered an asset
- Ability to speak, read, and write in French is considered an asset