This includes discussions about information that:
• Falls into one of the listed types: trade secret, scientific, technical, commercial, or financial information
• Belongs to the municipality or local board; and
• Has monetary value or potential monetary value
This does not include discussions where:
• The municipality or local board has no proprietary or ownership interest in the information
• There is no evidence that the municipality or local board could sell the information for money
This exception was introduced on January 1, 2018, through changes to the Municipal Act, 2001. We have not yet published any case resolutions related to this exception.