End User Support – One Year-Contract
Reports To: Manager, IT and Innovation
As an independent Officer of the Legislature, the Ontario Ombudsman sees his role as “humanizing government”. The Ombudsman’s team resolves issues through early resolution and investigation, and handled close to 27,000 complaints last year about provincial government organizations. From increased newborn screening to enhanced security of Ontario’s lotteries to access to cancer drugs, the Ombudsman’s work has resulted in positive systemic change benefitting millions of Ontarians.
In a busy, fast-paced office, technology is a crucial part of ensuring that operations run smoothly. Our skilled team of IT professionals works proactively to guarantee the system’s optimal functionality, and respond quickly and efficiently to user concerns.
As part of the IT team, you will be the first point of contact for staff, trouble-shooting problems and ensuring users have the equipment and knowledge required for daily tasks. The End User Support is a first-level support position and is responsible for responding to concerns and escalating issues. In addition, the End User Support co-ordinates the maintenance, service, and upgrades to telephone and copier equipment.
This opportunity will appeal to systems professionals who want to work in an innovative environment delivering outside-the-box solutions. Successful candidates will be technically savvy, people-oriented, and operationally-focused.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Two years or more experience providing end user support
- Demonstrated knowledge of various applications including Office for Mac, OSX, Windows 8, and FileMaker
- Proven ability to translate guides and instruction manuals for users
- Effective organizational skills
- Experience addressing multiple priorities while proactively responding to issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to explain technical system problems and provide effective training to users
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet changing timelines
Full job description
This is a unionized position. New hires will be paid at the starting rate of $52,028.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must be received by 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 2.
Please Note: Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Moving expenses will not be paid.